Ambien is an authentic name of the active ingredient Zolpidem. This ingredient has been synthesized for a short-term treatment of the insomnia related to a changed working schedule, fatigue, or changed time zone.
It turns out that Ambien is able to improve quality of sleep and accelerate falling asleep. The drug is not benzodiazepine but it has all characteristics peculiar to this group: myorelaxing, sedative, and anticonvulsive action.
The interaction with the central benzodiazepine receptors stimulates the increase of the synthesis of gamma-aminobutyric acid that lowers an agitation of the central nervous system. Therefore, using Ambien causes a relaxation, a fast falling asleep, and a sleep is deeper and strong.
Ambien may be used as the main drug during superexcitation and insomnia as well as during the combined therapy in the treatment of the mental disorders. It helps to restore a good sleep after the first application, and therefore you will be relieved and have a good and healthy sleep.
A great advantage of Ambien is a fast excretion from the body, and that is why a patient will not be tired, sleepy and lack of energy after awakening like it happens during the use of strong sedatives.
In what dose is Ambien used?
Ambien isforsaleintabletsinthedoseof 5 mgand 10 mg. If you do not know how to take sedatives, it is recommended to begin the treatment of the insomnia from a minimal daily dose of 5 mg.
If Ambien 5 mg has a poor effect and you still have insomnia, a dose may be increased up to 10 mg per day. According to the statistics, more than 90% of people taking Ambien 10 mg have a calm and strong health.
The Ambien tablets are used orally with enough water. You should take a tablet before going to bed. The action begins in about 15-20 minutes and you will be sleepy.
As it is mentioned before, Ambien is used for a short-term treatment of insomnia, and therefore the tablets may be used for not more than 28 days. If the tablets are used for a longer period, the load to the central nervous system is increased, and there is a risk of a medical addiction.
- Senior patients over 60 years old should not take more than 5 mg of Ambien per day
- After a long-term use of Ambien (more than 2 weeks), do not stop the treatment abruptly. Lower the daily dose and reduce the frequency of the tablet application gradually. In case of the a sudden cessation of the use of Ambien, insomnia and spasms may appear again
- Alcohol, narcotic analgesics, tranquilizers and any other products inhibiting the central nervous system enhance the action of Ambien
- If a patient has any severe diseases of the respiratory system, night apnea, hepatic failure, the use of Ambien is contraindicated
- Ambien is not prescribed for the treatment of insomnia during pregnancy, lactation, and patients under 16 years old
The use Ambien may cause muscle weakness, apathy, absent-mindedness, sleepiness, and dizziness. These all symptoms are met in the first week of the use of Ambien in high doses. The body gets used to the action of the drug and the side effects pass.
Avoid potentially dangerous activities and driving, if possible, during the use of Ambien.